Aim: to provide support for young investigators to attend and present their work at SSHB events.
This award includes payment of the 2016 SSHB “Human Biology of Migration” symposium registration fees, accommodation and reasonable travel costs.
- Must be a member of the SSHB (click here to apply for membership);
- Must have been awarded a PhD within 5 years of the date of abstract submission;
- Must write a 250 word supporting statement explaining why the award should be given – this includes mentioning relevant details about training, research experience, other awards, publications and funding.
The winner of the award will be selected based on the quality of the submitted abstract and the supporting statement.
The winner of this award agrees to:
- give a 20 minute oral presentation at the symposium;
- participate and contribute in relevant impact sessions during the symposium (further details on these sessions will be announced soon);
- have a photo taken to appear on the SSHB website, along with their abstract;
- submit the research for publication in the Special Issue of the Annals of Human Biology (submission deadline TBC.
Fill in the form below to apply for the Young Investigator Award. Deadline TBC